Chemical peeling is an accelerated exfoliation procedure in which external skin layers are removed. The goal of this procedure is to remove a predictable uniform thickness of damaged skin. The medicated products are absorbed in the deeper layers of skin in controlled amounts and induce the production of certain inflammatory substances which in turn cause thickening of the superficial skin layer (epidermis), deposition of collagen, remodeling of structural elements, and increases in dermal volume. The result is an improved clinical appearance of the skin, with decreased pigmentation, photo-damage and other blemishes giving it a more youthful appearance. This procedure is not restricted to women, men also request chemical peeling.This is quite an effective procedure for all kinds of skin pigments, wrinkles, fine lines and superficial scars. It is also very effective in treating mild to moderate acne and to reduce the incidence of recurrence if taken at regular intervals. This modality is highly recommended for those ladies and gents who want a smooth shining skin all the time or on a specific occasion as variety of cosmetic peels are available. They can take this treatment once a month or just before the party in either case. This procedure is also a good alternative for those where laser therapy is contraindicated or not suitable for some reason.
Our experts, after examination would suggest a chemical peel suitable to your skin condition. Treatment varies with the severity of the skin condition
This procedure is a good option for those who are not comfortable with laser therapy or there is any contraindication to this treatment.
Chemical peel is not only effective for lot of pigmentary conditions of the skin; it has also remarkable results in acne, acne scars, fine wrinkles, Photo aging, sun damaged skin, reduction of pore size and many other conditions. It gives smoothness and radiant glow to skin immediately after the treatment. Chemical Peels are usually indicated to correct the textural problems of the skin. However, our experts would let you know what the best treatment for you is.
The total procedure time is 20-30 minutes with no downtime. Although there are no significant complications reported, however,We do take precautions about skin allergies associated to this procedure in few patients.
Our medical professionals would be very happy to discuss all your concerns if you book a free consult with one of them.
Peels available at our clinic:
SIGNATURE LIFT PEEL:
- Combination of Vitamin C, Hydroxy (hyaluronic) acids, and enzymes to speed up cellular renewal. It is blended with aloe Vera base.
- Recommended for redness and dry/dehydrated skin. It gives smooth and shining texture to your skin.
- Acts as anti-inflammatory to reduce redness (due to Vitamin C, aloe Vera and Botanicals)
- Hyaluronic acids add moisture to dry or dehydrated skin
- Gently exfoliates while infusing the skin with antioxidants
Wrinkle Lift Peel:
- Anti-aging Blend of glycolic acid & Retinol (40%)
- Visibly reduces fine lines, wrinkles & aging signs
- Blend of Alpha & Beta Hydroxy acids. Reduces redness, blemishes and diminishes post breakout black spots.
- Indications: Acne grade 1- 2, oily and acne prone skin
- Ingredients: 20% blend of Salicylic acid & glycolic acid
- Best for pigmentation, photo damage, sun/dark spots, melasma, even toned & illuminated skin
- Base: Aloe Vera gel
- Exfoliators: Lactic acid, Kojic acid with AHA defoliator
- Stem Cells à cell renewal & cell balance
- Natural detoxifying agents e. eucalyptus & Ylang Ylang
- Natural Brighteners i.e. sea shine, Bear berry, Licorice, Mulberry
Please book a free consult to know the best peel you need.
Is there any Sid effect or complication of this procedure?
It’s absolutely safe procedure. However, very few patients have reported mild itching or stinging sensation during the procedure that goes away quickly.
How long would the procedure take & is there any downtime?
It takes 20 – 30 minutes & there is no downtime, you may straight go to the party after this procedure.
Is there any peeling of the skin after the procedure?
There maybe some peeling, depending on the amount of dead skin cells prior to the treatment. It maybe seen 24 to 48 hours after the procedure. We recommend you to let the skin peel away so dead and dull skin so it can give way to newer, brighter skin. You may use Image Vital C hydrating enzyme masque (purchased separately) to get rid of the peeled skin before going to a party or somewhere important.
Who will perform the procedure?
At Corneum Lasers, all procedures are performed by one of our expert and certified medical professional who are not only trained in delivering this therapy but also have in-depth knowledge of the pathophysiology of your skin.
Please feel free to book a free consult or call for any other query, one of our experts would be happy to address all your concerns.